RolePlay Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RolePlay Central

This is Captain Chubaca speaking, or as our newbies can call me, Admin Sanii. I bid everyone a good day slash night.

3 posters

Guide to RolePlaying

Imperial Epsilon
    Imperial Epsilon

Guide to RolePlaying Empty Guide to RolePlaying

Post  Imperial Epsilon Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:42 pm

Okay okay so I've decided to create a guide to RPing. My way of RPing. And you bet I'll add on if I want to and think of more.((this is goin on EA too))
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    (1) The Form and the Intro
    1:Intro In your intro, you want it to explain everything but not be too long that people won't want to read it. For example heres a good begining for a post-apocalyptic RP:
    You look outside your window and notice everything that has happened. The whole town is crushed and small fires are everywhere. Disease is spreading, and you need to survive. The question is...will you? Short sweet and to the point. And I highly reccomend that you don't do little poems or a giant paragraph for it. Or just a little 'bleep' that says what the RP is.
    -------
    2:What to put in a form. Okay so here's what you want too put in a form. Ex:
    Name:
    Pic/Description:
    Love/Crush:(I HATE this one but you can put it in if ya want too.)
    Extra:(why put this here?)
    Okay so there's a good form. If you noticed I didn't put "personality" in it, and that is because I think that people don't want to start with certian characteristics for their character. They would want to develop him/her as it goes.
    As for the "love/crush" thing that I despise. Here's why: Whenever I'm RPing, of course I'm looking for a little romance in it. But I like to stay on the main storyline. And not think about kissing, and getting together. Nothing like someone who is so desprate to get their character a BF/GF soo badly that they interrupt a good scene to flirt. Or them bringing up their deep compassionate love for someone when their character is 13 years old. Seriously? Grow up and get out of your fantasy.
    4:(just an add on...always post rules. ALWAYS.)
    -------------
    (2)Your Posts.
    1:Little text explaining nothing. Oh goodness one of my biggest pet peeves. I want too see RPs like a book, where everyone has at least 3 sentences per post. When I'm RPing and someone posts:She looked down and sighed. I swear I pull my hair out. Please make longer posts and be more progressive so we can move on. Details are key, makes it more exciting.
    2:First Person. Now to me this isn't that bad but I've noticed it happening on some RP websites I'm on. (Adding to this one) When people talk in first person "I" and stuff like that, you should know already, in one RP that I'm in. I'm fine with that...but when you speak first person in every RP I get so fudgin confused on who I'm talking to. Keep it on the down low.
    3:Posting something totally out of the ordinary. I see this a lot. And not just on this site but many others. But, let's say you're in a Wolf Pack RP. And it's natural and regular. But no rules were posted. Evil or Very Mad The person's wolf all of a sudden can heal and fly. Grow wings, or anything else. Or it's a realistic human RP and your character is all of a sudden a werewolf, or a shapeshifter. Please just go with the basics guys. For goodness sakes.
    ---------
    (3)Romance, gore, and explicitness.
    1:Romance. Okay so I'm one of those people who doesn't support high romance in RPs but I'll talk about it anyway.
    Let's talk about when people rush into relationships or "call" on other characters. So when peoples female characters in RPs see a male character they act like it's love at first sight. And it's not...NOT at all. It's weird, clingy, and plain creepy. Don't make your charrie kiss the "crush" right away. (Because if I were a boy I would push her away and never talk to her again because I would think that she is a physco.) Or make them pronounce their undying love for them when they haven't met that person in their whole entire life.
    Gore. We all know it, and we know how gross it is. And I think that the "gore-o-meter" should be kept in the middle for other peoples sake. (I for one don't mind gore at all but too other people...eh) Unless in the rules it says Keep gore to a small level please. Listen because if you do break the rules, the creator of the RP can easily kick you out.
    Explicity(swearing, etc.) Not coming from an older RPer I don't mind swearing at all really. But if you were to swear bleep it out. Unless the rules say no swearing, or it's fine to swear just bleep it out. Now there is one swear that should never be muttered on here. And I woun't even say the first letter. (6 letters) And that particular one can offend people so much. And a few other ones shouldn't be said. And one is in the middle on if it should be used. Oh how confusing I am.
    -----------
    There you have it. I know there's more in my brain and it'll come out eventually. So that's all I have so far.
    Imperial Epsilon
    Imperial Epsilon

Guide to RolePlaying Empty Re: Guide to RolePlaying

Post  Imperial Epsilon Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:22 pm

Spelling errors should go die in a hole....I hope you can still read it.
    zodiac-tiger
    zodiac-tiger

Post  zodiac-tiger Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:20 am

Great guide Eps... Oh no! I just figured out that I forgot the rules in 'Horrorland Abusementpark'! WHAT SHOULD I DOOOOOO!!! Shocked whatever. It works good even though Neutral
    Imperial Epsilon
    Imperial Epsilon

Post  Imperial Epsilon Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:49 am

Haha thanks, I was afraid no one was reading it because I got no feedback. And I highly suggest people read it.
    Axolotl
    Axolotl
    Teens
    Teens

Post  Axolotl Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:31 pm

Well done, Eps! Very Happy
    You wanna be a mod?
    Imperial Epsilon
    Imperial Epsilon

Post  Imperial Epsilon Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:40 pm